Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My Journey Begins

 A few years ago I was diagnosed with Addison's Disease and put on some medication that saved my life.  However, one of the side effects of these medicines is weight gain.  Then I went into early menopause and was put on more hormones.  Again they are great to help me feel better but their side effects are also weight gain.
At first I just expected to gain weight and didn't worry about it.  Now I hate it!  I am ready to take control of my life and start taking care of that aspect.  I don't know how hard it will be but I imagine it will be difficult.  I do know that each journey begins with the first step.
My first step is joining weight watchers.  I know it's going to be hard because I hate tracking what I eat but I also know that is what will help.  I have to be accountable for it.
I am also starting to walk everyday.  I know I will eventually need to do more than that but that's where I am starting.
This blog will be my journey.  I will talk about my body measurements (scary), my activity, foods I eat, my feelings, my struggles, my successes, and so forth.

So the journey begins...

Starting date: June 28, 2017
Bust: 47 in.
Upper arm: 16.25 in.
Waist: 46 in.
Hip: 52 in.
Thigh: 30 in.
Weight: 240 lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment