Friday, June 30, 2017

Dedication

I was so excited last night!  My friend and I were going to go to her house and do water aerobics.  It sounded like a refreshing way to get my activity in for the day.  Well just as I was getting ready to head over she let me know that we wouldn't be able to go that day. I was so frustrated!  I wasn't mad at her but it was just the stumbling block that upset me. I had it all figured out and then BAMM!!  I knew I still needed to do something for the night so I wouldn't loose my momentum buy what? I didn't want to go outside in the heat but I also didn't feel like going to the fitness center by myself and there wasn't any one to go with. I really wanted to just cry!!!

I knew there would be hard days on this journey!  I also knew that in order to get through them I had to decide to be dedicated. The motivation was there but I knew that it was the dedication that would actually get me through.  I just didn't expect to rely on it so early.  So what did I do?  I put my shoes on and went out in the heat to walk.  Even though it wasn't what I thought I wanted, it was exactly what I needed.  I needed the power to overcome my frustration. I know it's not the end of my not wanting to do something but hopefully I can keep finding my dedication and accomplish the things that I may not feel like doing at the time.

I found this quote and it just fit with how I felt today.



No comments:

Post a Comment